Atypical Savant is a community of aware, accepting, and appreciative technologists who complement, support, and advocate for each other. Accommodations are built in to our culture, but we are eager to help individuals with specific accommodations on an as-needed basis. We strongly encourage autistic, neurodivergent, disabled people, and members of marginalized groups to apply.
With at least 5 years of professional experience as a Drupal developer, you are a skilled and experienced senior Drupal back-end developer with extensive PHP development experience. You should be proficient at modern Drupal (versions 10+) including object-oriented patterns and style. You will play a pivotal role in designing and developing robust and scalable web applications using Drupal and PHP. You'll collaborate with our front-end developers, designers, and project managers to deliver high-quality solutions that align with our clients' needs and industry best practices. Test-driven development and server/infrastructure abilities helpful. This is a full-time contract position. While there is some flexibility with regard to working hours, you must be available weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern Time. This position is and always will be 100% remote.
- 5+ years of experience as a Drupal developer
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent U.S. resident for 3+ years
- All work must be done and materials must be kept inside the U.S. at all times
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust position
- Basic understanding of Accessibility (Section 508)
- Support DevOps deployment and automation of continuous integration for consistent and repeatable higher-quality deliverables
- Remove engineering roadblocks through teamwork and creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of Drupal core concepts, module development, theming, and custom site building
- Solid understanding of web security best practices
- Ability to diagnose and resolve cross-browser/cross-device compatibility issues
- Relevant Drupal certification(s)
What we'll do
- Gather requirements through direct interaction with project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Develop reusable Drupal modules, themes, and features based on project requirements.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable Drupal modules, templates, components, and code.
- Implement and maintain third-party integrations, APIs, and web services.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues within the Drupal environment, addressing performance bottlenecks and security vulnerabilities.
- Optimize website performance, responsiveness, and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Drupal and PHP trends, tools, and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews, knowledge sharing, and mentoring of junior developers.
- Produce system architecture artifacts and other engineering documentation.